“Although birth is only one day in the life of a woman, it has an imprint on her for the rest of her life.” ~Unknown
What is a Doula?
Doula comes from a Greek word that means, a woman who serves or handmaiden.
According to DONA International, a doula is a professional who is trained in childbirth and provides continuous support to a mother before, during, and just after birth.
Why Should You Choose a Doula?
Evidence based birth
Did you know that when continuous labor support was provided by a doula, women experienced a:
- 31% decrease in the use of Pitocin *
- 28% decrease in the risk of C-section*
- 12% increase in the likelihood of a spontaneous vaginal birth*
- 9% decrease in the use of any medications for pain relief
- 14% decrease in the risk of newborns being admitted to a special care nursery
- 34% decrease in the risk of being dissatisfied with the birth experience*
For four of these outcomes * results with a doula were better than all the other types of continuous support that were studied. For the other outcomes, there was no difference between types of continuous support.
There are many great benefits of having a doula present at your birth.
A doula :
- Provides emotional and physical support
- Uses comfort measures: breathing, relaxation, movement, and birth positions
- Gives good resources and evidence based-information
- Continuously reassures and comforts the mother (the key word is continuous–a doula Never leaves the mother’s side)
- Helps a mother become informed about various birth choices
- Advocates for the mother and helps facilitate communication between the mother and care provider
- Looks after your partner as well (gives them bathroom breaks!), but their primary responsibility is to the mother
$900 which includes:
- Prenatal visits (2-3)
- Postpartum visit (1)
- Providing 24hour on call services to expecting women and assisted them through the labor and delivery process
- Unlimited communications via texts, phone, emails, etc..
- Access to Tens Unit to assist with discomfort during labor
- Access to birth book lending library
- Continuous support during labor & delivery and postpartum
- And many great benefits noted from the above list
- Free birth photos and videos upon request
I understand what it is like financially, and I would love to support women in different circumstances.
Payment plan is available by the agreed terms in the contract that will be handed out during the first prenatal visit.
If you are still unsure whether or not I will be the right fit for you, I would love to chat. I am doing a free consultation. Please don’t be afraid to reach out as your baby’s birth day is getting near.
Birth Package ($100 off combine services)
- Both HypnoBirthing Class and birth doula services
Hands down there is no way I could’ve done a natural home birth without Sinda! If there is anything that kept me grounded during the intensity of birthing it was Sinda at my side telling me she was right there with me, repeating my positive affirmations.
“..But the biggest thing that I can emphasize is her sincerity and genuity. She was there for me 100% and didn’t care if I had called her too early in labor to come over. I just knew she wanted to help me. Her spirit and love of this process left me wondering how I ever would’ve managed without her. I felt so doted upon; everything i demanded/wanted/needed she was on top of it. Thank you Sinda for helping me feel empowered and cared for!“